Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

June 26, 2019, 02:44:12 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hula Hoop  (Read 70 times)
marksy

View Profile
« on: April 13, 2019, 02:09:38 AM »

Hard like hardened candy, but somehow the plastic hollow circle still flexible enough to bounce and bend in on itself like a cowering animal as I press down, feeling my tricep engage and tighten. I wonder if the plastic of the hula hoop is melting against the summer hot pavement, so hot I can smell ground screaming in protest as it burns. Cracking with a springy reverb as I bounce it once more against the ground, procrastinating using the hoop the correct way as I know I canít do it well. My mouth dry, tasting the arid environment, I pour a miniature deluge of water into my mouth, feeling my tongue absorb the liquid like a dying and dehydrated row of grass, browning and crippling under the tortuous heat. Feeling slightly frustrated by the enveloping heat, I swing the hoop around my hips, it encircles my body like a carriage on a roller coaster, teetering on itís edges as it takes a corner too fast. Fighting with my bodyís instinct to tighten, my lips curling and pressing together in concentration as I attempt to relax and focus on the hard plastic whipping around my body like an incising medical instrument.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: