Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

June 26, 2019, 02:32:36 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio  (Read 63 times)
greyknights

View Profile
« on: April 14, 2019, 07:11:14 PM »

I twist the big black dial on the old transistor radio, and hear the slow swoosh of the hissing frequencies. The chunky rectangle buttons clunk in and out along the front panel, as I switch back and forth between AM and FM. The two shiny, collapsible antenna stick out the top, transforming the radio into the giant blackened severed head of a praying mantis. The speakers look like the mesh eyes of flies. The dials and buttons allude to pinchers and teeth. Its alien hissing and whining begin to sound more like the depleting cries of anguish. I am nervous and for a moment think twice about reaching out to adjust the dial again incase this giant bug head springs to life. My mouth has gone dry and tastes slightly metallic. I shake my head, partly grimacing, partly grinning at myself for imagining such things. I lightly tap one of the antennas as if it might electrocute me. Nothing happens. I take the top of the antenna and push it down towards the base. The joints are stiff and dont immediately collapse. With a
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: