Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

June 26, 2019, 02:50:39 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Motorcycle - handwritten  (Read 62 times)
fireystarter

View Profile
« on: April 15, 2019, 12:59:48 PM »

when I was young, with long golden hair, bright blue eyes, and an innocent round face - basically al living Disney princess except I lived at the end of a quiet street and both my parents were still alive - my dad bought a motorcycle. Saturday mornings he would push it out of its assigned space in our two car garage, pour on a bucket of soapy water. and polish it up till it glinted like a purple geode out in the sun - precious, but not so precious a man with four kids trying to recapture what we took from him in his teenage years couldn't afford the monthly payments. I'd be out in the driveway, already uncomfortable being in public in a swimsuit at an early age, and I'd drag out a bucket of crayons chalk and make a rainbow at the end of the drive, waiting for the inevitable moment he rinsed the bike and my creation would wash away, fading, the colors melting into one another until they were all gone. rainbows never last. when the sun got too high in the sky and neither of us could stand the heat...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: