Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

May 26, 2019, 05:34:48 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Curtain  (Read 64 times)
greyknights

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2019, 05:15:56 PM »

Thumbs tickle as they float just above the space bar. My index fingers fiddle with the tiny raised ridges marking 'f' and 'j'. My mind is blank. Like ghostly, silky cobwebs drifting down from the ceiling, a thin curtain hangs between the ferocious playground at the back of my mind and the microscope at the front. My throat feels swollen as though the man who sprinkled sand in my eyes during the night also fed me a spoonful before dashing out my window, curtains billowing in the night movements. This peter pan must have collected his "sand" from the curtains themselves as it tastes like dust, dried dead bugs, and faintly of the sweet, bitter smell of freshly cut grass. The sand in the corner of my eyes prickles. A hot dryness spreads out from the corners as I watch pieces of lint and blurry microscopic hairs float lazily in front of my glowing computer screen. When will the timer...
marksy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 11:40:24 AM »

Nice use of the key word curtain! "... a thin curtain hangs between the ferocious playground at the back of my mind and the microscope at the front"

I like the free flowing-ness of this one!
greyknights

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 07:26:54 PM »

Hey marksy! Thank you. I definitely approached this entry a bit differently than I normally do. Less pressure to have a narrative or single event and more awareness on the associations between ideas. It was fun to write. Smiley
marksy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 11:29:14 PM »

I think that's the way forward. I really enjoy the sensory descriptions leading the narrative, as opposed to fitting them in around a narrative. I'm trying to do that, anyway!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: