Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

May 26, 2019, 05:25:04 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ski Lift  (Read 19 times)
marksy

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2019, 11:27:43 PM »

Thudding cracking thumping away like an out of time dampened drum, the top edge of my heavy snowboard digging and incising into the thickly compacted over-used brownishly spotted snow, dropping as the pressure builds and the board tears through the surface. The wind whipping in short bursts like its been thrown from slingshots in sections of its self, freezing air seeping and forcing its way in underneath my hood, combating and wrestling the warm air insulting my body, slowly winning. My breath steaming, small stout plumes melting into the air. Fresh pines wafting gently by without the force of the wind. My legs aching, cramping, contracting muscles, as I focus balancing on the t-bar, as it pulls me up, wedged between my legs, in bursts of power and strength, dragging me, with each movement threatening to throw me over as I unbalance and briefly lose site of the world as it blurs. The bitter chemical taste of my jacket as I realise my jaw is clamping down onto the top edge in fear, gripping on to what it can. Wishing deep in my gut, as it drops, that I took the ski lift….
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: