Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

August 19, 2019, 12:55:13 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ski lift  (Read 131 times)
Sarchen

View Profile
« on: May 14, 2019, 08:55:23 AM »

Feet stuck as if the powder were tacky Elmerís glue flowing down the mountain and surrounding heavy boots attached to sleek gliders slipping silently through the snow. Legs like lead as I watch seat after seat pass on the ski lift. The sound of the laced wires whirling overhead, interrupted by rhythmic bumps as each clawed chair comes around the bend. I count the beats in 4/4 time and begin to compose a symphony in regions of my mind to distract from the dizziness taking over other parts of my brain. The music of it all keeps me steady, 1 2 3 4Ö again and again as a new melody fills my ear. Rock tempo, a solid tempo. I could have chosen a waltz but for fear that swaying would only add to feelings of instability. My eyes wander to the heights of the ski hill. Iím slipping back, close my eyes, no, Iím letting go, losing control as darkness covers my eyes. My faint cry seems distant as I feel the air rushing around me like falling into a cushion.
marksy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 12:46:08 AM »

"...heavy boots attached to sleek gliders slipping silently through the snow." - Awesome! Sleek gliders. And great use of sensory ideas.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: