Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

May 26, 2019, 05:23:14 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ski Lift  (Read 35 times)
TBubs

View Profile
« on: May 14, 2019, 06:32:09 PM »

My stomach churns as I wait in line for the chair to sweep me away.  Nervous laughter as we plop down, neither of us knowing what we're doing.  The tall evergreens flow past us, reaching for the blue sky.  Our legs swinging, noses numb and running from the cold.  As the chair spits me out to my fate, I manage to somehow turn toward the nearest trail.  Gaining speed, not knowing how to turn, just stay up!  As someone falls in front of me, I plead with them, screaming, "Get out of the way!"  I whiz by them, terrified and exhilarated at the same time.  Gliding over the tightly packed snow, my legs as shock absorbers.  There is no fluff here.  I CAN'T STOP.  I brace myself for the fall to come, deep breath, muscles tighten, this might hurt.  Like a tree being felled by the lumberjack's axe, I slowly totter the side.  The ground rising to meet me.  I survived the bunny trail.
marksy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 12:42:02 AM »

Welcome!

"I brace myself for the fall to come, deep breath, muscles tighten, this might hurt." - nice sensory ideas! I've felt this before.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: