Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

August 19, 2019, 01:14:13 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Notebook  (Read 125 times)
LoLoChaCha

View Profile
« on: May 15, 2019, 03:30:56 PM »

I pull the highlighter yellow notebook out of the top drawer of my computer desk. The spirals resemble more of a straight line these days, as the pages are held together solely by the core. I slowly pull open the cardboard cover, and let out a chuckle as I read the inscription written in purple gel pen. Giant bubble letters spell out my name, each letter filled with a different shape, tiny and repeated throughout with no obvious pattern. Surrounding my name are different doodles, a heart with an arrow drawn through it, with tears dripping from the wound.  A yin and yang symbol, a smiling rain cloud giving birth to a rainbow, a few 3D cubes and some weird Ss. In the bottom left corner there is a caricature of a dog wearing a baseball cap to the side smiling ear to ear, and in the bottom right corner there is an almost unrecognizable drawing of Arnold from Hey Arnold. I carefully turn the page and begin to laugh even harder as Im greeted by a drawing resembling a Bratz doll with her larger than life almond shaped eyes, and pillow soft looking lips. Her head is shaped like an ice cream cone, as her stringy hair flows wildly next to it. Her barely there waist is held up by hips that rival Nicki Minaj...
mattvs86

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 05:50:44 PM »

Jealous, my drawings were mainly stick figures.....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: