Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

August 22, 2019, 08:12:19 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Balloon  (Read 70 times)
Eloisenm

Singer and songwriter

View Profile WWW
« on: June 04, 2019, 04:03:03 AM »

Latex. Multi-coloured latex, metallic or matte finish, transparent, semi-transparent or completely opaque and filled with helium to raise the balloons skyward and then to inevitably turn mature voices into weeping chipmunks as laughter takes ahold. The reckless abandonment as we all run around the school hall brandishing balloons on ribbons as we wore off the last of the sugared lollies. Playing a game of The Floor is Lava, keeping the balloon afloat with kicks and punches. I recall the group effort to inflate the balloons prior to a party, breathing deeply only to filter the air into lungs then into the balloon. I swear they have made them harder to inflate than I can remember. Either that or my matured lungs are lacking some youthful capacity I apparently no longer need. Now I see balloons tottering along beside bewildered children, wonderous eyes following the balloons dance with the wind as the steadfast ribbon keeps its grip, tugging at the rubber nipple. Sadly, there are those infant hands not yet adept at holding tight releasing bright pink helium inflated latex bubbles and their metallic pink ribbed ribbon skyward promising to take wishes to the clouds but truly bursting under the pressure of a too hot sun in low atmosphere.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: