Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

June 17, 2019, 05:05:12 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lampshade  (Read 91 times)
mariomar

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2019, 03:40:15 AM »

My mom loves vintage things, especially the one's given by my grand mother. She loves to keep my grandma's things such as big wardrobe, furnitures, ada other house hold stuff from my grandma. Though our house is as big as my grandmas. One of her favorite thing to keep is a huge floor lamps. The lamp is old fashioned one. with black curly stand. We just keep the stand, but nearly never turn the lamp on. It has a white lampshade, it used to be white but now its has color. a little bit brown because we don't really maintain it, We're just keeping it there. During the last 15 years we have moved our house 5 times and it's very energy draining. What makes it more energy draining is because we bring so many items. Huge gigantic ones. Keep for the sake of keeping the items. We have a small house but too many items. I don't think this is healthy, My mom thinks that she needs to build a bigger house but nonetheless all her need to do is to keep whats important and get rid of the others. There's nothing to do besides that. Dear my lampshade please get out of my house. We don't hate you but we need more space for us and you're not so necessary
Fletcher

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 02:10:53 PM »

Mariomar,

I like your lampshade idea!  Sounds like you Could go with multitude of items collected that may need to take a trip.  I would be interested in hearing just exactly how each item would taste, or feel, or make you feel.  Just as and example :  "My mom loves vintage things" -  could be, "My mom loves the stale wood smell of old dressers the leave a hint of vinegar in your nostrils"  That takes me there.  Or possibly "big wardrobe" becomes "an itchy collection of polyester pant suits spanning the full array of rainbow colors"  - the more detail the better.

I have been looking for more feed back on my posts.  I was reminded yesterday during a song that "you only get what you give."  So I hope this helps.  I know it has helped me, so thank you.

I look forward to your next post.  Please keep writing and challenging yourself!
Fletcher

My mom loves vintage things. especially the one's given by my grand mother. She loves to keep my grandma's things such as big wardrobe, furnitures, ada other house hold stuff from my grandma. Though our house is as big as my grandmas. One of her favorite thing to keep is a huge floor lamps. The lamp is old fashioned one. with black curly stand. We just keep the stand, but nearly never turn the lamp on. It has a white lampshade, it used to be white but now its has color. a little bit brown because we don't really maintain it, We're just keeping it there. During the last 15 years we have moved our house 5 times and it's very energy draining. What makes it more energy draining is because we bring so many items. Huge gigantic ones. Keep for the sake of keeping the items. We have a small house but too many items. I don't think this is healthy, My mom thinks that she needs to build a bigger house but nonetheless all her need to do is to keep whats important and get rid of the others. There's nothing to do besides that. Dear my lampshade please get out of my house. We don't hate you but we need more space for us and you're not so necessary
mariomar

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 02:48:28 AM »

Big thanks for the reply, it opens up new perspective for me

Thank you for reading my post, I still work on my English as it is not my first language  Grin Grin
plamb

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 04:25:48 PM »

Great work. You've got some great content there and commentary based writing. I'm interested to read the next.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: