Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

October 20, 2019, 05:35:21 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Polka Dot  (Read 190 times)
Fletcher

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2019, 02:24:32 PM »

the exhaustion had finally caught up with my will power.  Knees aching now and spreading like wild fire to my ankles and hips.  It was 3am in a San Francisco airport and my body screamed for rest. Eyes darting back and forth mind searching with its last blast of ingenuity.  The power out let called like a dinner bell at the ranch, nestled up close to a punched metal bench I laid claim to the area.  Body and mind now giving way, anywhere to rest my head and neck would do.  In a lucid dream I travelled through a wormhole in that airport, seemingly moments from resting my head.  The alarm startled my groggy senses back to reality.  My face felt hot as i peeled away from the metal bench. The dank taste of unbrushed teeth and a hint of dried saliva embarrassed my inner Dorian Grey. I stumbled still sleepy to the Men's Room to find a polka dot pattern had transferred from the bench into a  glowing pink and red tattoo on one side of my face.  Cold water splashes amplified the color and soreness. mechanically stretched skin now caught in a pins and needles type battle to revise its shape to something more natural
Yonny J

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 02:59:14 PM »

Great angle on Polka dots. This word totally stumped me.
Higgs88

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 05:01:15 PM »

nice.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: