Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

July 20, 2019, 09:43:34 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tornado  (Read 105 times)
plamb

View Profile
« on: June 09, 2019, 07:14:37 PM »

Triangular glass shards scattered everywhere. A blanket covering a body in a fetal position is curled under the bed. The crust of tears forms on a pillow case. Do tornados feel remorse? I feel pretty hollowed at the centre right now looking at the damage I caused. Water is rising up to my neck. Slivers, jewelry, a bus, an old man on a hospital bed, fragments of my life float by. The damage we can cause when we are unknown to ourselves. I bend down to sit. I focus on my breath and open my heart. I do my best to accept my mistake but acceptance is hard when other lives are involved. If guilt is the wreckage of the storm then it's doing a great job at distracting me from learning how to manage my inner storms. My world is heating up, cooling down, melting and rising. The shores of my identity are sand castles crumbling into a demanding sea. There is nothing left of me and nothing left here for me. It's time to rebuild and face the hard truths. Sometimes the wreckage needs to be left as it is. As it is. I straighten my spine, force myself to hold my head high even though it feels like a hand is holding my head underwater. I'm going to be okay, we are going to be okay. This sound echoes off the mountains into the pin size hole in the clouds where a single ray of light is shining through.
Eloisenm

Singer and songwriter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 09:43:09 AM »

This is great, plamb. I was really drawn into this story. I loved the use of the tornado/storm metaphor, the aftermath and the correlation with guilt and aggression.
I really loved the line "do tornados feel remorse" It really set the scene for me.

Other awesome lines: "crust of tears" "if guilt is the wreckage of the storm" "the shores of my identity are sand castles crumbling into a demanding sea"
plamb

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 07:58:25 PM »

Thank you! I appreciate the feedback.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: