Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

October 20, 2019, 05:36:17 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unicycle  (Read 133 times)
Dorian Black

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2019, 11:36:24 AM »

A bright red metal tube, supporting the most bizarre invention of mankind. A unicycle, to my eyes its seems like a project that run out of budget early. A round black tyre that struggles to support the weight of the rider, pedals sticking out like branches from a tree. And on top, a lonely saddle, an invitation to instability and heavy injuries. I imagine myself riding - trying to actually - all muscles on my body tense, my mind in an alarming near-vertigo state. I can see the ground inviting my face for a quick kiss, and I almost imagine the pain, paired with the embarrassment of when through my missing teeth and bruised lips I will have to explain to the hospital doctor how I injured myself. Maybe thatís the worse pain of all. And so I leave behind the idea of riding a unicycle and walk away from the city central plaza where the juggler rode it, perfectly balancing his body on the single wheel, while juggling five bright-coloured tennis balls in the  air and talking to the crowd at the same time. Time to get back home, so I get back to the

--- timer ---

safety of my car, a one-ton metal construction, filled with multiple parts that I have absolutely no idea what they do ,and capable of reaching 100 kph in 4íí. Yes, thatís much safer.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 11:39:03 AM by Dorian Black » Logged
TBubs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 03:34:04 PM »

I can see the ground inviting my face for a quick kiss----I LOVE THIS
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: