Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

November 15, 2019, 01:45:50 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unicycle  (Read 99 times)
Fletcher

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2019, 03:03:33 PM »

Awkward and aching between my thighs as there seems to be no reason for this folly.  Falling is a foregone conclusion, and the only way to achieve is to fall more than a few times.  Arms out and flailing in efforts to hold the pose and move in a general direction, toes curled and jaw clenched as if walking a high wire with out a net.  Beads of sweat now forming across the forehead and the back of the neck.  The heat emanates in all directions certainly an aura of white hot light surrounding my now entranced focus.  The balancing act begins again and again in persistent effort to just beat the odds.  The concrete gray and flat promise success, yet the tiniest of pebbles now become boulders opposing confidence.  The world is watching, or is it just me standing outside myself in bitter judgement, again, again, again.  Miserable opinions passed down from generation to generation, I stagger slightly and decide my fate once again.  Success is the only option on this unicycle of life, to fail is to succeed in learning a new way, and to succeed means to dare falling
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: