Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

August 22, 2019, 08:15:00 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Balance Beam  (Read 59 times)
JNikao

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2019, 04:54:08 PM »

Hot Muggy musty gym. Dust mites float in the air. I can see them because there is beams of light shining into the gym from the outside. The gym has no AC yet thats where everyone comes to gather for various activities. The balance beam awakens a curiosity within myself about myself. As I imagine balancing and then shortly falling tasting the ground filled with salt from the sweat of others. My hair follicles raise as my mind tells me not to try the balance beam but my heart wants to grab hold of a magnifying glass to examine my talent and ability. I can hear my mind's tone go up in octave telling me to stay away from it. But my heat can hear the applause of others as I chew up success and spit it out because it taste disgusting, sort of like dorean and trash. I do not want to see myself standing above others feasting on validation coming from others. I do not want to smell the roses being thrown at me, hearing them wisk through the air and hitting the stage only to look down and they are dead, cold and not filled with life. I don't want to stand straight up before others with my chin tilted up a
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: