Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

August 22, 2019, 08:13:31 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chap stick  (Read 102 times)
Fletcher

View Profile
« on: June 12, 2019, 02:04:27 PM »

how to write about chap stick?  It evokes no feeling its...Chap Stick!  Waxy, pasty , half satin chemical coating for the tender fleshy portion of your face.  Dry and cracking in the bitter cold of winter, white flaking dead skin in dire need of relief and some a-hole hands you a chap stick... No thanks, I would rather bleed out from the lips.  Petroleum based death balm marketed for status and fashion not function or healing. Lets just apply some paint while we're at it.  Oil base at that.  Chemically enhanced cherry like flavoring distilled in some third world power plant.  Massive plastic furnaces blaze out the canisters and contents side by side while tiny latex gloved hand sort through the piles of hapless defects.  Endless labels and packaging sticky stickers applied with glues and adhesives toxic and cancerous enough to kill furry little puppies in a single whiff.  Not to mention the testing, which is far beyond my comprehension.  Let's place this right on your lips!
plamb

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 04:28:09 PM »

Hey Fletcher,

I saw your reply on marionamar's post yesterday. You are totally right in getting what you give and I think part of the joy and motivation gained from these type of group forum/activities is the communal experience and feedback is one of them. I really have no feedback for this other than it's great, evocative writing. I love the statement on mass produced commodity and the scathing intensity of the imagery to showcase how you feel about it.
Fletcher

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 02:35:43 PM »

Thanks Plamb,

the great part of all this is focusing at will.  A discipline that is rare and valuable. Imagine being able to command your focus without distraction?  Each 10 minute write is practice and honing that skill with others is improvement and encouragement upon that exercise. Even bad writing is good, because it shows us where we have been and reminds how far we have come!  Keep writing!  Look forward to the next one!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: