Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

November 12, 2019, 02:31:26 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Front door  (Read 193 times)
Dorian Black

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2019, 12:35:04 PM »

Maybe today will be the day. Just maybe. Itís been so may days, months, years, she doesnít even know how much, time has now become a vague idea of something that just passes. And still she waits to hear the sound of the keys jangling, the lock turning and the door creaking.  She waits in her silence, thatís all she has left now, an empty house filled with silent memories, fading ghosts from a time past, a time of happiness and bliss, a time she knows can never return. A hit and run they said, and their candles went out. Three fragile candles, husband and two children unexpectedly wiped out, leaving her longing for their return, a foolís hope being the only thing that still keeps her in this world. And so she still walks in the house, pretending that they are temporarily away, maybe in a camping trip, out to chores or visiting a friendly face. She still walks in the house, every so often looking to the front door, momentarily thinking that she hears their voices and laughter coming in, filling the room with their voices full of life, full of happiness and the carelessness of not knowing what the next day holds. Life is most hard on those left behind, behind that closed front door.
Fletcher

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 03:20:34 PM »

Good writing here!  the whole thing kept me in a moment of emptiness and melancholy that related to the anguish behind some doors and behind the eyes.

Dorian Black

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 09:17:14 AM »

Thank you Fletcher, I really appreciate the support!
I guess I was quite influenced by Steven Wilsonís ďRoutineĒ in this one...
https://youtu.be/sh5mWzKlhQY
mlh

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 11:36:27 AM »

boy this hit me. beautiful writing. and i watched part of Routine. devastating. and beautiful too.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: