Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

November 13, 2019, 10:42:26 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Knob  (Read 100 times)
plamb

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2019, 05:19:57 PM »

Rusted, flaked, and worn smooth by a thousand hands. I marvel at it shape. A perfect circle. I reach out and once I touch it rotate my wrist slightly to the right. It gives without hesitation. It makes a clicking noise as though giving it's final approval to enter. The first sentry in a heavily fortified palace. I'm inside and my eyes take a minute to adjust. Colours begin to reveal themselves like the first constellations in the beginning of a dark night. I see a vintage looking lamp on the far side of the room, a blue pullout sofa, shag rug, and a flat screen tv screwed into the wall. I feel for the other side of the door knob and reverse the process coming in. With another final click i shut the door and the deal has been done. I am now part of this room, my soul, body, and presence has becoming property of the door knob and it's kingdom of wonders. Like a domesticated animal set free in a new forest I tread tentatively. Inspecting all the surroundings. Slowly an entire universe of breathing things come to my attention. Somewhere a pipe flushes, somewhere else I hear the sound of a creak, above me a spider begins lowering itself  to the floor while the curtains shuffle as though woken from a deep slumber. Have I intruded in this kingdom? I sit on the couch and feel my sink into cushions. My fingertips brush the soft looking shag carpet that looks like a ..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: