Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

July 22, 2019, 09:20:30 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Knob  (Read 36 times)
Dorian Black

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2019, 07:06:28 PM »

An old radio rests on a small wooden table in grandma’s house. The table is dedicated to this device, and it holds a central position in her living room. All chairs and other furniture point towards it, as if the audio could magically sometime become something visual. It is a very old device, its huge size giving away its age, especially compared to the modern miniatures that have taken over lately. On top of it lies a small white cloth, to protect it from the dust. It once was sshinny black, but now time has kane some of this shining away, replacing it with a vintage façade. There are no decorations, just an analog frequency ruler with a red line and two big knobs, with a faded white color. I remember being younger and being on the thick red carpet in front of the radio, playing with a wooden car or train as my grandfather would sit in the big armchair beside me, a newspaper in his hand and a glass of dark whiskey next to him. Every now and the he would turn the page and the scratching sound of the newspaper would cover the soft music from the radio, like a momentary scratch in a record being played.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: