Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

November 13, 2019, 10:46:48 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cyclone  (Read 199 times)
plamb

View Profile
« on: July 09, 2019, 05:27:53 PM »

Spinning snail of death and destruction crawling over an expanse of deep blue. Wind whipping at my neck as I zip up my windbreaker. Seen from the beach the sky looks menacingly low. Like a metal grinder poised and prepared to crush everything and everyone in it's reach. Electricity flows in streams through the air, passing through my rigid body from nerve to never. I yell into the wind, my insignificant voice shattered in a million fragments against an invisible wall. The wreckage of it's feeble message scattered in haphazard piles along the rocky beach. I can feel the skin above my cheekbones being pulled towards my ears almost as though my face is trying to pull the rest of my body away from this impending madness. Like a faithful bannerman, my feet stay firmly planted while I'm being hypnotized, charmed, seduced by this raw power. Clouds resembling an army of gods, demi-gods and giants assemble behind the cyclone. Fierce stallions rearing up out of the horizon galloping towards me. Waging war. My little red tent no refuge against the
AvailableBeat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 10:55:42 PM »

Wow. Loving the imagery. Really feeling the looming insignificance as I read your piece. “Fierce stallions rearing up out of the horizon galloping towards me.” Love that line. Tasty.

Rather than ‘New Topic’, I’m just gonna throw my daily exercise here.

Cyclone
The sky came undone, jettisoning a crumbling wall of water to stone us in wet. Bone fingers wrapped in cold skin thrust tight against each other’s gummy windbreakers in the umbra of huddling eyebrows over foot detonated ponds of water scraping the curbs of the street, screaming treble ricochets into the motor of wind bellowing like a hundred monstrous dying dogs. Slick tuffs of cruel sky scratch, wallow, shake. Bending around itself as we run inside. The flag of Give-No-Fucks being waved by
plamb

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 05:04:51 PM »

These words are exploding off the screen as I read. The scene you set is electric. I hope other people read this one! Great work.
AvailableBeat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 11:13:42 PM »

Aww, just read this. Thanks for the compliment!  Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: