Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

November 20, 2019, 02:48:16 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bus  (Read 172 times)
plamb

View Profile
Bus
« on: July 10, 2019, 05:33:59 PM »

On one side my shoulder is pressed against my friends thickly padded shoulder and the other i'm pressed against the sharp, cold, metallic window frame. The contrast is split down the centre of my body, two continental plates converging in my middle. It's field trip day and the air is charged with electricity. Springtime madness. I stare out the window at an orderly world wishing myself off this bus. I hear my watch ticking persistently but everytime I check frustration sets in. I see the bus driver glancing in the rearview mirror but after a quick assessment turns his eye back to the road. Bits of sandwich and cookies are projectile missiles whizzing by. If you're going to survive in this war zone, this Lord of the Flies world you need keep constant vigil. I'm a mouse in a world of vicious predators airborne, ground born, sea born, right from the time I'm born.  Shoulders back, neck tense, ready to spring into action should the action head in your direction. Sweaty feet, old mud, tuna sandwiches, and spilt apple juice permeate the stale air. I slink a little bit lower into the cracked brown leather seat and hope that eventually this crazy ride will be over. We will arrive at the science fair and I can retreat into the shadows behind my cardboard d
AvailableBeat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 11:59:11 PM »

That middle section moved quick. Action packed description. Dig it, man. Definitely dig it.

I’ll tag along again.
Bus
A bus is a gun barrel loading and unloading silver haired bullets dressed in outfits of all makes. The door to the chamber unlooses and a foot fires into sidewalk and ricochets to work. The gun chimes and snarls towards new targets. Bam. Reload. Set the city in motion. Action. The glass clatter of change against scruffed bills in pockets being twisted and rolled and unfurled through hungry fingers sniffing for easy blood. Hunched under the heavenless glow overheading the plaster box with a wire lined crookedly into industrial plastic telephone. The devil’s-grin computer glow in a
plamb

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 06:54:24 PM »

Set the city in motion! Nice work!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: