Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

November 15, 2019, 01:52:28 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: String  (Read 97 times)
plamb

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2019, 11:29:11 PM »

I'm slowly drifting away from the shore. A lonely iceberg propelled by an arctic tide towards a certain end. My entire universe is spinning in a shrinking kaladeiscope of emotions that shift and shape inside my minds eye. The ones who I have loved and been loved by are morphing into statues carved of granite pasted on stubborn horizon. The only thing that kept me from breaking free was your heart strings attached to mine. I feel the tearing and pinching in my breast of a giant crab intent on ripping my heart out. Yet nothing will turn me around. My mind has sailed. Eyes to the sky, blue and immense, the sound of seagulls and the boom of shipping containers being unloaded is being swallowed up by a fog of silence so thick that nothing makes it through . The question of where I'm going hangs in the air but what is it hanging on to? This invisible liquid that I exist, suspended in, and moved along like one of thousands of rocks in a dying glacier. The power, and glacial force pounding, pulverizing, rolling, scraping, and eroding my memory of a previous life into silt. My once stoney existence is being carved out of me, leaving great fissures that some curious onlooker may admire in the future, should they ever explore this far... I wonder what they would think
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: