Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

November 17, 2019, 08:30:25 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wand  (Read 147 times)
Higgs88

View Profile WWW
« on: July 19, 2019, 05:49:47 PM »

The mud is heavy like quicksand suction sounds as her boots slurp out leaving dark deep prints. Her hands tremble slightly, gasps of air cutting through the quiet woods. Wands of lavender up on the hillside like a violet beacon. Hiking alone, swallowed by wilderness, scent of old musty dead soil, undisturbed her jacket feels confining, lungs hot with movement. The trees feel like old watching statues, cold and rusty with shedding skin. This is the place fairy tales are told about, bread crumbs and magic spells cast by withered old--
AvailableBeat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 02:10:14 AM »

lungs hot with movement
Man, I know that feeling. Love your sense bound language. Grabs me.

Wand
Pierce the sky. Hands contracting. Beads surfing down my skin. Clouds foam at the mouth and draw a breath of earth. The dull tongue-lull of my aching foot begging for attention. Desiccated words crack and poison the wind. My lips expand and fall together like end-of-dusk shutters. The sky grabs its stomach and pales into midnight turquoise. Alone against the backdrop of a hill clutching the world while her grassy whiskers twirl and lift to the mottled mouth of heaven
Higgs88

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2019, 06:24:54 PM »

Thanks! I liked your last line a lot:

Alone against the backdrop of a hill clutching the world while her grassy whiskers twirl and lift to the mottled mouth of heaven

good stuff
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: