Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

November 19, 2019, 06:19:23 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Toaster  (Read 140 times)
Higgs88

View Profile WWW
« on: July 22, 2019, 06:14:55 PM »

Bargain hunting in hole-in-the-wall thrift shops filled to the ceiling, smell of of moth balls and lemon-scented wood oil. Music plays trebly, piercing from the back of the room. Graveyard of electronics, wires flopping like dead fish, toaster with blackened edges, this thing is toast I think cleverly to myself. Toasters used to be my favorite cooking device, frosted blueberry pop tarts I'd tuck them into the slots and plunge the lever down, waiting, watching, steadying myself for the jack-in-the-box surprise pop! fingers burning hot hot hot as I flick the toasted morsels onto my plate. Molten filling, blue and white with sprinkles I salivate, dissolve on my tongue I feel my blood-sugar elevating like the ocean at high tide.
AvailableBeat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 12:17:34 AM »

I like that last sentence. I like it all. Blackened edges. Like that too. Good read, too. Right there with you. 

Toaster
Houstonís invisible countdown. My eyes ticking over the audience of my tongue. The foaming scents of berry-sweet smoke. Hidden lava orange beneath the chrome crust plugged and powered from the wall. The burst is immediate. I eject from the floor as it explodes into my visionís atmosphere and sinks to a grippable peek. Teasing and glancing its heavy sugar breath like a call to another world. A dimension of senses razzing me and goading me forward. Through the vortex and tumbling my gums against her cooked dough alien surface. Temperature hot. Mineral content: toxic, physical stimulation: ecstatic.
Higgs88

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 07:17:16 PM »

Hidden lava orange beneath the chrome crust plugged and powered from the wall.

Cool line!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: