Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

August 22, 2019, 03:21:04 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tuba  (Read 55 times)
marksy

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2019, 04:19:45 AM »

Slow heavy mid-summer afternoon heat weighing down and filling the rehearsal room with burning grass and boiling pavement, nearly melting into a thick sticky sluggish tar. Forced down into my seat by the weight of my own drained muscles, back tickling with the cool deluge of sweat beads converging and gushing down my back to the waist band of my slowly suffocating elastic shorts. Mouth pasty and dry like a barren desert dehydrated and rough, particles and grains forcing a near cough as my throat clenches in protest, calling out for liquid, refusing to ingest the bitter crunch of coffee, hanging off my tongue. The room filling with odd sounds from instruments, undulating in crescendos and decrescendos, untamed without timing as the musicians let loose a kaleidoscope of notes and melodies, clashing like wielded swords, the tuba like a large claymore chopping down and through the other instruments with ease, bold and robust like an elephant amongst pigeons. Shimmering brass instruments as the light incises the room through the window, ricocheting off one heavy instrument to another like a laser beam on mirrors. My hard chair growing softer as the noise grows…
BazMac

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2019, 09:38:26 AM »

"The room filling with odd sounds from instruments, undulating in crescendos and decrescendos, untamed without timing as the musicians let loose a kaleidoscope of notes and melodies, clashing like wielded swords, the tuba like a large claymore chopping down and through the other instruments with ease, bold and robust like an elephant amongst pigeons. "

Wow, this part is amazing!!! Grin
marksy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 10:55:41 PM »

Thank you @BazMac Smiley It was one of those lines that came out as I was half asleep, that I thought was average at the time! Great to hear some feedback!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: