Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

August 22, 2019, 02:52:20 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Marker  (Read 18 times)
marksy

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2019, 11:10:28 PM »

The small off-cream coloured eighth grade classroom sweltering, we melt like candles as the fans above force the flame of heat down onto our bodies, shoulders oozing down my relaxed back and pulling me back into the short bending plastic seat, my arm stretched out and bearing down onto the table, weakly grasping a blue marker, index finger indented where the marker sits, aching slightly. The sound of a felt orchestra, swishing in white noise, as the class of 13 year-old fatigued soldiers draw a simple landscape image, some instruments swishing faster than others, out of time, conducting their own piece. The early afternoon summer sun flickers in through the window, finding its way through the gumtree outside of the window, standing guard and protecting us, the sun reaches its scolding fingers through the branches, gently padding at my right cheek. The wind falls in through the window, barely wrapping me, smells of hot pavement and dehydrated earth. My mouth pasty, bitter, and dry like the soil airborne…

Reflection from school days - I'm not 13 :p
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: