Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

August 22, 2019, 02:50:53 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cape Cod  (Read 18 times)
Chrisb

View Profile
« on: August 13, 2019, 01:57:01 AM »

Cape Cod
   Ocean surrounds our moments, we sit on a peninsula barely above sea level. Thousands of acres of beach trees, growing stubbornly out of the malnourishing sand. The breeze blasts from the center of the ocean, shaking the bounds of the foliage like a baby with a rattle. Tears streaking down a tiny face, lips curled into tight disgust. Inhuman screeches released from the smallest of sources. Under the shade of the trees the wicker basket cradle finds itself alone. White blankets pushing against the newest of skin, unscarred, unbroken. Not even old enough to start earning cuts on knees and elbows. Simply smooth and unfettered, like a new car. The tiny little dings and impacted bugs don’t show themselves yet. Driving down winding county roads, blasting a playlist titled “For the Trip.” Beach tunes and nostalgic pop, take me back to when I was young. Taste freshly scooped ice cream from the car subwoofers, wolf it down with a smile. More candy for the eardrum, easy listening as the grain sneaks its way onto my face. Tires spinning over themselves, over and over again, nine over the speed limit; We’re criminal, but not crazy…

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: