Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

November 17, 2019, 08:32:26 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Flip flop  (Read 134 times)
Dorian Black

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2019, 01:47:05 PM »

Sand has gathered under my feet, sticky to the edges of the flip flop where the cheap plastic rubs against my skin. I can try to shake it off, but in another two steps it will be there again, a battle I know I cannot win. And so I continue walking, living my small hell in this small corner of paradise where the travel agent swore I would have the time of my life. I do. But not in a good way. The sun feels too hot, as if someone is holding a magnifying glass on top of me, gathering all rays right on the top of my head. Itís so hot. My mouth feels dry, whereas my skin bathes in sweat, trying in vain to cool down using the only way it knows. Inefficient but thatís what it does anyway. Of course that would require some cooperation on my part, go to a shady place and not get out again until winter is back, but I wanted to go for vacations in a tropical place in the hottest day of summer. And of course my other senses complain as well..sight comes first, my eyes trying to hide behind the dark sunglasses and heavy eyelids, opening as little as necessary to allow some light in so I donít trip over something. Sweat doesnít make it easy too..moisture gathering behind the lenses Ö

(this came out too pessimistic and nagging, I really don't know how!! I usually enjoy the sun..  Grin Grin)
leowriter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 08:25:41 PM »

"The sun feels too hot, as if someone is holding a magnifying glass on top of me"... awesome!!
fireystarter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 05:43:36 PM »

agreed, I also really liked that line. also loved your small hell in the small corner of paradise.
I'm a sun lover too but I could just feel your misery in this one!
Dorian Black

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 07:02:45 AM »

Thank you!! Your kind comments really mean a lot to me!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: