Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

November 14, 2019, 02:09:38 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Flip Flops  (Read 95 times)
leowriter

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2019, 09:16:44 PM »

I remember Anna with her flip flops, riding on her beige scooter, on the beach she always had her shoulders lying, her eyes half open, that day we laid with a bunch of friends on the blanket in the sand, a white and black blanket, we had bags of chips, some bottles of wine, fuet, ... it was night and we could barely see each other's faces ... Anna smiled showing her brackets, as usual ... I liked that corner of Barceloneta, where the volleyball courts were, the wooden deck ... the sound of all the steps on that wooden floor, as if they were horses ... people walk from side to side watching the beach, pointing at the panorama and taking pictures, putting on their best poses as if they were going to win prizes ... always happens there is one out of control, trying to make a more striking pirouette or have the best photo, bending his arms or head standing ... I loved to go through the supermarket before that, buy me the can of sausages, olives, peppers, sausage ... the loaf of bread to put the ham to be Cheap package ranch, perhaps salt and beer was the perfect mix to enjoy the occasional view of topless girls, the carefreeness in the middle of the humidity and the sun, something typical in the Rambla de Poble Nou for example ... where whole families They sat on the terraces, frozen beer glasses, the awnings open, occasionally some skater or father pushing his son from behind while learning to ride a bicycle ... I could walk there for hours, fantasize about my week, relax a little before starting another week of hard work, another week where I was going to be isolated from people ... on weekends I had the opportunity to make one or another new friend or friend, walk along in those streets with smell of shawarma and caramel, pineapple and goat cheese, the juice dripping from the foil, sitting on the sidewalks waiting for who knows what ... just contemplating the variety of people, the thousands of types of hats, the disparity of the couples... Barcelona's summer in a nutshell
fireystarter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2019, 09:39:35 PM »

great description of the people taking photos on the beach. "pointing the panorama and taking pictures, putting on their best poses as if they were going to win prizes" just flows so beautifully. also totally know the attention hungry kid trying to one up everyone else in the photo.
leowriter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 11:47:14 PM »

Thanks a lot for taking the time to read and write your comment.
Iíll pay attention to descriptions like that one then! Thanks Fireystarter!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: