Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

September 20, 2019, 06:36:30 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lagoon  (Read 26 times)
marksy

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2019, 01:07:57 PM »

Clear and settled glistening water, resplendent and glossy, an orange hue blooming endogenously upward from the bank below the surface. Whispering wind shimmering the surface, humming dully as it cooly slips off the tight surface of the water and licks across my face, tickling the cold slipping droplets of salty sweat. My skin prickling under the Australian summer sun, prickles like the heat is forcing its out way of my pores, the blaring sun biting my shoulders and pinching my neck. Midday heat is thick but dry, instilling the sand dunes with a deathly heat, coarse and boiling on my feet, blurry air smudging the horizon like a Monet, swirling and dreamy. Burning wood and trees wafting through the air, scented with oozing eucalyptus oil, bubbling and sizzling. Small playful birds diving like war planes at the surface of the lagoon, attacking small summer insects dappled across the water, chirping in success. The dunes undulating intensely behind me as I step into the bath warm shallow stream leaking from the lagoon, subsuming my feetů
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: