Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

September 20, 2019, 06:44:47 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Umbrella  (Read 27 times)
Dorian Black

View Profile
« on: September 11, 2019, 08:14:15 AM »

Wet hands try desperately to keep their grasp on the slippery leather handle, as the rain attacks from all sides. Wind and water are working together to bypass the thin fabric and embace me in their stormy dance. The pavement is a big dancefloor, where I dance with the elements in a vivid tango, passion and frustration hand in hand as they try to pull me close and I try to move away from their wet embrace. Raindrops fall down on the umbrella and pavement in an abstract pattern, a multi-rythmic beat with its own pulse - strong, powerful and alive. Finally I give up, hair, clothes and shoes are filled with water and at this stage there’s no point in refusing my fate anymore. In an act of surrender I close the umbrella and look up to the skies as the rain finishes off with its forceful moisturizing of my skin. Its cold, but there’s a cleansing feeling in all of this, accepting defeat after a good fight does not feel as failure. “Until the next time, rain” I think as the clouds momentarily stop their attack in acknowledgement of my valiant effort. I think I even saw a smile there, a silver lining in the blackness fo the sky. Until the next time.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: