Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

September 20, 2019, 06:38:32 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Umbrella  (Read 30 times)
marksy

View Profile
« on: September 11, 2019, 11:27:07 AM »

Plush soft jelly handle dripping like an orange as I squeeze it to hold on tight, slipping, pulling the skin on my palm as the icy gust accosts my back, easily gushing up my shirt in a swift invisible plume, stinging, tightening my shoulders, my head pulls back tightening around my chest. The umbrella pulls away with force as the invisible hand of wind tugs it away from me, expanding the soft material dome into full black bloom. Explosions of heavy fat droplets on car roofs and corrugated iron pattering like a booming timpani section. Icy water whipping across my face, smudging my vision and invading my eyes as a blurry kaleidoscope of cars hisses by, spraying dancing semi-circular fountains from their wheels, engines grunting and horns blaring as the city heaves with traffic, a river of brake lights and gloomy fog lights. Hot chocolate kiss swirling through my mouth in sweet sugary dancing rainbows, exhaust fumes pungent and thick, grimy and dirty, white air spilling from the car exhaust pipes as the engines cough in plumes. Toes wet and cold through the…
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: