Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

October 22, 2019, 02:05:14 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: rod  (Read 29 times)
John M

View Profile
rod
« on: October 03, 2019, 07:52:28 PM »

tension pulls on the rod bowing it from tip to reel, tiny waves ripple outward in circular motions where the clear plastic line meets the surface of the water, a tug here, a tug there, something under the boat is nibbling at the bait, a worm sewn onto a rusted old hook, poor thing, a gourmet steak dinner to a starving sun fish, the pond is quiet and still this morning, water like glass, the howl of a loon echoes from across the distant shoreline, tall pines wrap around lake, thick and heavily wooded, i cant see the road, though i can hear the engine of truck far off, out here its remote, not sure if anyone would hear me scream if something were to happen, im sure my scream wold be absorbed int the sounds of nature, cracking branches, pecking beaks, tiny feet and critters rustling though the forest floor, dried leaves, falling evermore this time of year, the foliage, once colorful shades of reds and yellows, is now browned and falling to rest before fully decaying into winter. for now i try to keep still on this canoe, easily spooked by a big wave or heavy wind, easily tipped if one gets too excited, i keep balanced in the center, trying to not make noise with my boots on the aluminum floor of this boat, scaring tonights dinner away, i need a big catch, a big catch for the big fire pit im going to build once i row ashore...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: