Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

October 22, 2019, 02:00:12 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Champagne  (Read 108 times)
plamb

View Profile
« on: October 04, 2019, 10:16:05 PM »

The evening is a ball of fire, sparks of conversation hit the walls and light something inside my brain. My face feels flush as the champagne slow waltzes through my veins. It wrestles with my sense of duty and seduces it to sleep. What is left is an endless horizon of desire. She smiles and her teeth are piano keys, her words a jubilant orchestra tumbling out of her mouth. The meaning is lost to me but the intention is felt inside my body. I follow her perfume trail. Nose leading the way, all other scents, semi-stale wine, soy sauce, and candles are ham fisted out of the way. The bedroom door squeaks as I open it, golden light spills out and singing from the string lights that grow over her walls like ivy. I sink into the bed as the world spins around. Floating in the stratosphere where blue mixes with black, the sun fixed in place while the clouds spin down down down. Her hair waterfalls over me and tickles my left cheek. Playful laughter bubbles up from somewhere deep. The Champagne blunts my sense of touch but I feel her soft hands on her wrist.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 10:22:21 PM by plamb » Logged
baybaymayo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 04:21:57 AM »

iconic
marksy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 12:17:17 AM »

Verbs, verbs, verbs! Really love this one man. What a great angle, and wonderful imagery. There's a lot to delve into with this one. Very powerful!
plamb

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 10:12:34 PM »

Thanks man. I really liked that prompt in the Pattison book about verbs being the "power amplifiers" of language and his suggestion to go check out some of the great poets "how their language crackles with power" because of verbs!
marksy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2019, 02:48:43 AM »

I think you've really utilised them very well! Which book are you referring to? Writing Better Lyrics?
plamb

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2019, 10:15:28 PM »

Yep Writing Better Lyrics.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: