Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

November 17, 2019, 03:22:15 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Moon  (Read 135 times)
CD

View Profile
« on: November 02, 2019, 01:42:44 PM »

Little fingernail clipping, white and sharp at the edges, the moon hangs in the sky like the curved nail on dark carpet. I hear the fire popping and cackling as it should. The wood is wet, but it is Halloween and the fire is participating. I know my stocking hat, gripping my head loosely like a candy wrapper, will remind me of this night for a few days with its own smoky aroma. My front feels nice and toasty, my backside, facing the darker moon side of the world is cold. Crunching through the grass, maybe a mixture of the sounds of frozen ground and costumes rustling, maybe some candy consumed in route to the next sugar stop. I look over my shoulder- someone says there is still a patch of twilight, another says no it is the moon sliver hidden by clouds. Not much light either way, except for a few battery powered masks and the fire in front, and the warm glow inside from enjoying watching children enjoy trick or treating, and enjoying watching parents enjoying watching their children trick of treating
marksy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2019, 11:31:19 PM »

"... gripping my head loosely like a candy wrapper..." - nice simile! Good work.
CD

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 01:30:46 PM »

Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: