Author Topic: Snow  (Read 94 times)

curtisgarrett

• Singer/songwriter from Ipswich
    • View Profile
Snow
« on: January 08, 2020, 07:37:17 PM »
The earth was covered in a fluffy white blanket of snow, glistening spots capturing and reflecting the midday sun like diamonds. I scoop a patch of fresh snow from the garden and look around to make sure no-one is looking. I take a small bite into the icy ball, the instant cold embrace shooting across my tongue, deep into my teeth before numbing the cheeks and roof of my mouth. The taste resembling one of those cheap melon ice lollies you could get as a child. Flavourless, yet somehow refreshing. My hands were beginning to throb and burn, with trails of newly warmed water trickling between my fingers. I set my sight to the horizon and pull my arm back before launching it through the air. Sparkling like a peal cannonball as it flies into my neighbours garden. The crunch underfoot as I press my boot into it’s multiple layers. The cold was beginning to set in and I was filled with regret I left my coat inside. Now I’m left to tackle the elements, which to East Anglians felt like a blizzard.

Microbass

• View Profile
Re: Snow
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 05:19:16 AM »
Hahaha, I really liked the setting of mood with the phrase “look around to make sure no-one is looking”. The viewpoint of the child in each of us.

curtisgarrett

• Singer/songwriter from Ipswich
    • View Profile
Re: Snow
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 12:27:04 PM »
haha Thank you for the kind words bud! I think the snow can definitely bring that side of us out and I was hoping to capture that a little in this. I'm glad you noticed it mate!
All the love

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk