Author Topic: Bee  (Read 43 times)

berkley84

• View Profile
Bee
« on: January 09, 2020, 10:11:47 PM »
   I made a sandcastle in the sandbox behind your apartment in the little fenced in area that had patio furniture and a weedy garden. And while I played in the Sun a bee flew by and I watched its fuzzy little body come closer. I liked its sound, the buzz that reminded me of small scooter engines, the kind of motors that donít hurt anyone. I reached out and flexed my fingers. It scooted into my abandoned sandals and I grabbed them and pulled them closer. The bee found my ankle and stuck its stinger into my skin. OUCH! How do you comprehend a pain youíve never felt before? Might as well be dying. Might as well be dead. I fell through a whirlwind of emotions that welled into a hundred tears drowning my cheeks. Where were you? I cried out until someone opened the sliding back door. Your face was always empathetic and safe and beautiful. I clung to you so hard and the softness of your touch seemed to heal the pain. You put baking soda on the wound and gave me a bowl of Fruity Pebbles. I was done with the great outdoors of the suburbs for now, and you set me on your blue velvet couch where I could watch the Real Ghostbusters cartoon, still sniffling and pained.
   Years would pass before I was stung again, and this time it was with pride that I didnít think it felt so bad. Yes, it was just a sting that would go away eventually. It would leave no scar. I would survive and be better off knowing that it would not kill me. I miss you and your protection, but I needed to feel that pain. I needed to be alone for a while.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk