Author Topic: Motor  (Read 44 times)

curtisgarrett

• Singer/songwriter from Ipswich
    • View Profile
Motor
« on: January 12, 2020, 08:43:01 PM »
The engine motor roars into life as the silver key is turned in the ignition. Vibrations shudder through my body, pulsing almost from my feet to my collar bones. Revving the engine creates that signature pop from the exhaust as a trail of smoke rises from the rear end. The car is ready to pounce on the starting line. Anticipation and the unmistakable scent of gasoline laces the air as the crowd chew down on their burgers, grease dripping to the floor. I could taste the beef from here, rich and smoky. I shift my attention forward again. Red, the colour of passion and flames, of which this festival had in abundance. Amber, The colour of the burning Spanish sun that was beating down on us all causing droplets of sweat to glide their way past my eye. Green. We are off, Rubber screaming as it fights to gain itís initial friction, leaving burnt black grill-like marks on the road. The crowd erupt almost as quick as we were off the line. Flying down the initial straight, hearts pounding, palms sweating.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk