News: TO POST YOUR WORK CLICK THE 'OBJECT WRITING' TAB AND SELECT 'NEW TOPIC'
or 'REPLY'" AND ADD YOUR WRITING TO AN EXISTING TOPIC.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where does one say hello?  (Read 2698 times)
Speechless

Songwriting course 1st March 2013

View Profile WWW
« on: February 18, 2013, 01:03:01 PM »

Hello! I have signed up for Pat Pattison's online songwriting course, 6 weeks starting on 1st March 2013. I am working through his book Writing Better Lyrics as pre-course reading and searching for something on the internet I came across this forum.

I notice that the list of members has been hidden and there seems to be no reception or off-topic area. How do we interact with each other? Or don't we? Are we allowed to talk with other forummers? I expect to be busy here while I am reading the book and doing the course, and maybe afterwards too if this proves to be a useful and/or friendly forum.

By the way, my name is Lester but you can call me Speechless or anything else you like. I find music to be the easy part of songwriting and am looking forward to opening my mind to being a better (and hopefully a not too clichéd) wordsmith.
Paul
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 04:49:34 AM »

It's pretty quiet round here- but you can introduce yourself on the general forum. Usually you get a better reaction by posting on the word of the day.

Vis
Speechless

Songwriting course 1st March 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 06:52:21 AM »

Thanks Paul. Now I have posted a few times I can now see General Forum. It wasn't visible before I posted so it was not clear how to say hello. You might want to reconsider the post count required before it becomes visible.
TwoTinDogs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 04:55:18 AM »

How many times do you have to post before you see a general Forum?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: