News: TO POST YOUR WORK CLICK THE 'OBJECT WRITING' TAB AND SELECT 'NEW TOPIC'
or 'REPLY'" AND ADD YOUR WRITING TO AN EXISTING TOPIC.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anchovie  (Read 3003 times)
anand2112

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2013, 05:02:01 AM »

"Everyone but YOU". It's like one level beyond being the last one picked on the playground, holding my breath and my telltale heart shifting into faster gear with each subsequent selection. I am more and more alone as my companions to either side make the successful migration over the border to their new home and freedom and stare back into me - they've made it, I haven't. Soon I am a hermit in my isolated encampment, with the mass army of newly declared citizens scoffing at me as the inept foreigner. Like an anchovie, I'm the only one specifically left out by name.
pinkopaque22

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 08:15:31 AM »

gritty. Crispy bones, I see them like fine white hairs peeking out of an otherwise smoothed coif. The colours in oil only become more iridescent. Lain side by side as if they fell asleep that way. My grandfather used to love pickled creamed herring on water crackers. Peeling back your tin sleeping bag, it smells of my grandfather and his special treat. Immediately, begging for crisp and buttery partner so the overwhelming saltiness is balanced. Picked up by the tail end, (I think), and gently folded onto it's vessel...running the mealy, oily goodness round my mouth...die little fish. I will kill you like my grandfather kilt those herring. Realising you are already dead I think and giggle about re-killing you. Little, greasy, unagi coloured anchovy laying re-dead on a Ritz cracker...I prefer it this way rather than on pizza. Extra little tinned fish on my creamy Caesar salad is only number two to the tradition my Scottish grandfather taught me. Fish and Crackers on a cold, dank foggy morning, where you can't tell if the boat deck is wet from the rain or something else. Where he felt that if he consumed anymore acidic concubines of lust (his thick, black drudge of coffee, his smokey, warm butterscotch scotch and his smooth, creamed and vinegar-ed fishies) that his ulcer would kill him...like I kilt the flaky, salty anchovy.
B.wright

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 02:33:35 PM »

A delicate little guy, in the face of a smell so sea like and salty never have I tried. Hook me for abuse as would an achovie would say, only a rich mans diet should afford these creatures hard to get. Fill me with fish but only if I am swimming in an ocean where prey find me and eat me for what's inside. Unlike any other a small fish in a big sea, occupied by someone else's hunger, the truth resides on the bloated tongue of red taste buds. I imagine, I fake, I create if someones asks about my delicious friends. Friend to the vitamin deficient. Friend to the starved. Friend to the bait as they are. Forehead frowns upon the thought of chewing an entire being of anything, head to tail, guts small enough to fit inside of my being. Feelings of cruely, they should live too but I judge the contradictory. Needing anti sea sick meds to past me through the moment of clarity, I have found what I have been looking for. Swimming Inside of me, I am thrilled. I knew I ate it whole, bypassed squeezing the oozing membranes into my lungs pumping a rearranged meal into my system. I am tickled inside and the lining of my stomach is feathered by a pack of tiny cells still alive. I could only imagine. I stick my tongue out at any idea, I hope for something better presented.
pinkopaque22

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 06:59:59 PM »

Grin @B-Wright-I can't help but think, meat eaters on top....vegetarian on bottom...POOR little fishies!!
B.wright

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 03:53:00 PM »

Hilarious! My thoughts exactly! U would hate to be one! But aren't we all little fishes in this big ass overfilled saturated pond, especially if you are in NYC as I painfully reside with jaded-ness.

Songwriter??
pinkopaque22

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 03:55:16 PM »

Musician. Taking Pat's songwriting course @coursera. San Francisco here, YOUR SISTER CITY!!
B.wright

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 04:04:45 PM »

Fab! Same @ Musican. No music recorded musician that is :-(... Getting there! :-)

Would love to take one of his classes! How do you enjoy? I hear San Fran is a beau. Never been there! Have you been to NYC?
pinkopaque22

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2013, 08:00:27 AM »

Touring Musician for the last 15 years. His class is KICKING my ARSE! Learning a ton, it is what brought me here. I think, at least for me, his class is bringing out of my level of comfort of songwriting...typically I just journal and then edit journal entries to make a song. I think Pat even says...."journals are not lyrics" LOL!!
I am now basically having to de-construct my old habit and pare it down. So far everything I have written within the confines of the class assignments, read like a Taylor Swift song. I am NOT ok with this, but I am completely ok with the process.
We'll see, I'll keep you posted.
I abso LOVE New York. Been there tons, but I am definitely a Nor. Cal-er. SF LOVES it's tourists, so you should definitely check it out when the spirit moves you.
OK, off to see the word of the day. Later B-Wright.
PS @Anand2112 writes some good shite too, check him/her out below!
B.wright

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2013, 07:15:28 PM »

@pinkopaque22. Lmao@Taylor Swift songs. Off to a good start I hear... So to say the least the class has been somewhat helpful.... I will consider taking his course somewhere somehow perhaps on the east. I've take courses with Gotham Writers here in NY, and it has helped but need I MORE, MORE, MORE. Feeinin... Sounds like you are putting your creativity to real word use, congrats on the consistency. Hopefully I'll relate ASAP but until then, live shows it is.. I must venture to the sunny sidewalks of San Fran this coming year. I am intrigued by the alleged slope-ish streets I must admit, and I'm day dreaming the sun since NYC is full of ice at the moment.

I read some of Anand2112 stuff. And he/she is def kicking some content out there!! FYI; Me; female behind the profile. In case my profiles identity didn't identify.

Ive been seeking support groups for songwriters so it's FAB to see this site has been of great use so far... Good to "meet" you...

P.S. I was wondering whats the deal with the "word of the day" I'll join in on the fun.. :-)
pinkopaque22

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 08:15:10 AM »

What is Gotham Writers?? I am intrigued Shocked
I could google it but would much rather hear from you.
When I was reading Pat's book, Apparently there was a guy who wrote on this board everyday for 5 years. That sounds like a challenge to me, and I will need to beat him. Oh, it's ON!!
The thing about SF and the sun....well, you know, Mark Twain and everything. It rarely gets icy, so I DO feel your pain. Wink
B-Wright is a very non-gender specific name but OF COURSE you are a girl, cos we are better writers and always smarter!! OK, JK all you butt-hurt boys!
The "Word of The Day' thing, as far as I can tell, is to do exactly what we are doing. Using all of your senses, write for exactly 10 minutes (set a timer), in a stream of consciousness. I don't think my writings ever really even mention the actual word, I kind of just go off how it makes me feel or a memory I have. I am probably doing it wrong, but I don't care cos it is getting me out of my funk.
SO nice to "meet" you too. If you ever come out to SF you have a place to stay. Looking very forward to reading more of your submissions, I will continue to find where you post here and then reply there. That way you and I can give each other feedback, other than.. THAT WAS RAD!!! lol. I welcome ANY and ALL constructive criticism, I can take it.
OK Ta TA for now.
B.wright

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 12:15:09 AM »

Lol. Your replys crack me up!! You write with lots of substance and character, like the meat inside the potato. I totally get it and appreciate it one hundred... :-). I surely do hope that we can continue to discuss our writings and gain feedback. I can't tell you how imperative support guides me through these trying creative moments of mine. And now yours writing on the wall will help me also.. Sheesh!!! All for a piece of the pecan pie... Love pecan!

So-Gotham writers offer creative based curriculums for writers of every themed background. "They offer lots of classes for writers such as song writing, screenplays, novels, etc. I think the courses are great but I like Pat's method a bit better for songwriting. NYers are sort of limited with songwriting classes that are not higher education affiliated. Pricey a bit, but what isn't, ya know!

On another note; I wonder how the guy felt writing on wall for 5 years. How much could he have progressed throught that time. I don't know if I am doing it right or not, and sometimes i confuse my self because I remember to remember that I need to dive more into the sesnses but I guess I will go Asa the river flows.

Thank you so much for extending me a pillow as I extended my non-surfed couch to you as well.... Such a kind gesture! I would think I would have to find that on couch surfer or something. lol. You never know, hits are made in lots of un familiar placs..

LoL @ us being the brighter bulb in the isle.. I ummm, I concur!! We all know with whom the deepest emotions of life occur. It has been a pleasure to meet you so far, and I'm looking forward to more of your entries. I tried searching for your posts but couldn't find you.. I will surely seek to find. :-). Okie done.. Untill next feedback time! Ciao!

pinkopaque22

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2013, 08:16:56 AM »

Ok, I just started the new thread for 'Frappe' <-stupid word!  Roll Eyes
I will ALWAYS either hit reply on you or on @anand2112...not sure if he/she is liking me doing that but...
ALSO, Not sure if you are aware of this, BUT , your food references "spanish beans and rice", "meat inside a potato" are like the BEST fracking thing in the world.  Grin If we were pen pals in the 18th century, I would glean that your were both Boricua AND Ukranian, and that of course all the parties at your manse  Cheesy would have tons of good food, not shitty mutton and boiled potatoes.
ON to less tongue and cheek stuff. I am really interested in the Gotham Writers thing. I wonder, as you have noted, if I could get more out of songwriting if I added it to my plan?
I had a total 'blow my mind' moment last night while watching lesson 3 of Pat's class. It was on rhyming:. Perfect, Family, Assonance, Dissonance et al. I actually had the whole "A-HA!! <---the exclamation, not the band~ thing when I realised how utterly untalented John Mayer REALLY, REALLY is.  Roll Eyes  Pat was his teacher, and though Pat is a genius, Mayer-clearly is not. (tho I never thought he was). I will stop picking on poor little Tay-HO Swift to say this, within a series of eight 20 some odd minute videos, I too could write 'your body is a wonderland' and have every Bielieber and Tween and Katy Perry buying my music. Rhyming, apparently is not an art form and was deconstructed by some boring old white man in Oxford, UK. Pat made it understandable.
OK, that was a SHIT-TON of response to you. we'll "chat" tomorrow... can't wait to see YOUR 'Frappe! <-that sounded strange Undecided
B.wright

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2013, 09:29:49 PM »

Hey hey! OK, is it me or are you responding at exactly the same time everyday? Lol. According to the time calculator posted next to your screen name I see. Odds...

Congrats on your "A-HA! Moment", I've had a few of those with songwriting. I triped over the conclusion that: A great song is one that involves a plethora of musical and lyrical tactful combinations that come together to make perfect relatable sense to the listener. Similarly, reminds me of the competing olympian gymnasts whose high scores are calculated on technical content and execution In an outstanding performance that make perfect sense." This is how I see hit makers, but it's so damn hard to get all the portions of the content and execution to come together. Pop songs are usually an alternate version of the real thing! It still sells somehow though. Lol. Takes a real musical genius to make perfect sense. #pushing those doors through.

Your thoughts are past live Boricua and Ukranian?! Too funny... I am from the South Bronx so.... Lol. You've managed to fish out some actuality of origin despite the nationality difference. Lol. Always tuns of food when you own a catering company! ;-).

You should include Gotham in your curriculum. It was really helpful and a great places to meet like minded peeps such as yo-self.. I believe my advisor was a Grammy winner or something like that, so it's reputable. I would love to take one of Pats seminars. I'm going to collect further details I shall.

Let me embark on the "Frappe" as I am a non-caffeinated flavorless hot water drinker. I shall express my
Loyalty to....

Until the next time! :-). Salut!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: