Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

December 15, 2018, 02:48:35 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Frappe  (Read 743 times)
JNWagner

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2013, 04:32:25 PM »

Walking past Starbucks yesterday morning. Iím busy writing a new song idea in my phone, not paying too much attention. As the door opens the smell of pastries and coffee wafts out of the store. Not looking, suddenly BAM, well, not bam, bump. She was walking out with her frappe in hand, her pink Kate Spade wallet she was trying to put her change in and the black leather leash her all white Siberian husky was busy pulling on. Looking up at me like I was the worst brut in the world, her long black hair hung behind her shoulders like polished silk, Her white babydoll t-shirt that clung to her tiny waist over black jean shorts and white sandals perfectly showed off her lean tan legs and French manicure toes and fingers. She wasnít in a hurry to go to work, but she had planned to look good for somebody. Wishing it was for me, I stood there for a couple of seconds, a pregnant pause causing awkward worry for me, and, I think anger in her, the smell of pastry in my carb depleted state and her eyes staring at me left my brain wandering and wondering what to do next. Suddenly, I realized she dropped her wallet. Bending down quickly before she could, I handed it to her with an apology, a smile and a comment on how I was glad I wasnít watching where I was going. My humor passed her by like a Peyton Manning pass on a rookie cornerback. Taking the wallet quickly with a forced smile, the kind I call the ďdonít rape me smileĒ she said thank you and turned walking away out of my life forever with nary a look back. The high point of my day, back to my room to write and practice
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: