News: TO POST YOUR WORK CLICK THE 'OBJECT WRITING' TAB AND SELECT 'NEW TOPIC'
or 'REPLY'" AND ADD YOUR WRITING TO AN EXISTING TOPIC.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bubble  (Read 2367 times)
B.wright

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2013, 03:15:15 PM »

In the middle I stand, the air rides all around me. Smothering me. Smothering what was once my mind. Rising through my organs as I feel a tiny pocket of air arrive at my esophagus. Why? Had the drink chased down my saliva and now I need to expose. Burning reflux travels up into my chest, rumbles felt under my rib age forming popping sounds under my skin. Could have been the left over beef digesting protruding and breaking down into the large intestines. The seat of my soul wails to feel best. I struggle with the thought of against the acid. I maintain my composure so those near are baffled by the mystrious smell. Turning into an erosion of gasses spraying the air. Covered by the cotton between my butt checks and the air. On- lookers stare. The sound echoing to the core of the ear drum. I lie awake and standing but not In Despair. Inside of all things empty, life still prevails, cells still divide and nothing is just air. Filled with trials of the mind, to liquids of oxygen. Back to a state of mind where only the lonely survive. Tastes like soul, nothing more honest than to be one of many bubbles. Fill me up like the warmth of a hot bath in the middle of an Icey terrain. I dont want to release..
pinkopaque22

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 04:07:01 PM »

LOL!!!
B.wright

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 12:22:18 AM »

Haha! Thanks! :-)
pinkopaque22

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 11:23:47 AM »

Sweat dripping into my mouth from my top lip, I hate that shit. Fringe sticking to the heat of my forehead, whether from the Celsius or the anxiety I cannot tell. Let's head straight to the Italian section I say....I want some Prosecco I say, I am DYING of heat I say with the drama of a novella watched on afternoons when you are home ill and there is nothing but Spanish and Korean shows on tv. Dramatically dragging my feet across the hot cement, towards the Italian Section. Never knew a wine walk would be fun but here I am with my wristband on letting me know I have 12 turns to taste something refreshing, something effervescent to the tongue, something that will make my upper lip stop sweating. I can already feel that sting in my throat and I already know that combined with the heat, I will be stumbling soon. I give it about 30 minutes. Peach, peach bubbles sound like heaven, they sound like water to the dehydrated yoga twat in Bikram who fainted in class and we laughed and laughed and laughed. Like I am laughing and giggling as the vintner pours. Bigger sample please, I say, she slowly pours foam, foam tops me off and turns to the colour of my best friend brides maids dresses. I will never wear that monstrosity of pink/orange again. My cheeks are fat with the sparkling wine and I swirl it around a bit, but at this point it is water to me. Water with bubble, sustenance, hydration, life force that will also make me happy. I want a hot dog, but I am told bubbles and pork don't go together, so I search for the sparkling sake booth cos I now want sushi. I am on a bubble mission. White tents blow in the stale hot wind. I haven't felt that sort of wind since I left LA in the 90's for cool cool places north. We called them Santa Ana's and if you know what I am talking about you know where I'm from. I dreaded the burn on my skin of these winds and dreaded being a fat teenager in the brutal and mean heat of a smog filled city of fake and fakeness. I wasn't going to get skinny here, I was going to die of heat exhaustion and burnt face. I walk a little faster to the white tent with the sparkling sake and think...whomever's idea of putting on a wine walk today, must've known not to serve red. They must've thought, we are going to need truckloads of sprite-like imbibement, we are going to need to quench the thirst of 400 drunks who think they know shit about wine.
B.wright

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 02:10:59 PM »

Great way to interweave different aspects and anchor them 360 to the subject. Very nice!!
pinkopaque22

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 06:55:07 PM »

Thank you! Now, off for a glass of bubbly.  Wink
B.wright

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 03:49:19 PM »

Haha! Somehow I figured this was a true story... :-)
pinkopaque22

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 03:53:17 PM »

They say...write from what you know -Cheers B-Wright.
B.wright

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2013, 04:00:24 PM »

Yes yes I say! I always feel like a million characters when I write somehow. I see you have that down packed.

OH....

Crazy-LOL!!! @ Peach bubbles sound like heaven, they sound like water to the dehydrated yoga twat in Bikram who fainted in class and we laughed and laughed and laughed. Like I am laughing and giggling as the vintner pours.

WORD!! Sounds liked it looked hilarious!!
pinkopaque22

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2013, 08:22:15 AM »

HA! Thanks  Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: