News: TO POST YOUR WORK CLICK THE 'OBJECT WRITING' TAB AND SELECT 'NEW TOPIC'
or 'REPLY'" AND ADD YOUR WRITING TO AN EXISTING TOPIC.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gorgonzola  (Read 2748 times)
B.wright

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2013, 10:03:45 PM »

Pungent scent eludes my taste buds through my nostrils so don't need a taste. Flexible texture cut soft with a butter knife spread gently on top of pepper crusted gourmet crackers.  Whisked onto a multi-tiered serving platter, heavy with salami, prosciutto, turkey h'orduerves. The waiter attracts silky hungered guests dashing to hover above the elaborately expensive display. Rounds of fingers plow all at once, like a bundle of fishing rods Battling The deep blue sea for this weeks catch. Sampling with noses first, then devoured instantly like bait, chewing with intentions as mouth burst flavors of aged milk.
pinkopaque22

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 08:25:06 AM »

It's just bleu mama said. Like the pickle shaped jars with the black lids and the fat guy in checkered overalls on the front of the jar. I think it said Bob's. I remember liking that on my salads. I thought it was ranch for years. White, spotted with black. DON'T THROW IT OUT!! It is supposed to look like dairy product you left in your Charlie's Angels tin lunch box from Friday to Monday. Completely forgotten until you hear the sighs and disappointed, annoyed grunts of your mum as she pulls at the fold over sandwich bag that has cemented itself to the rust stain on the inside of Farrah's indented head. Running her fingers over the outside of the risen silhouette of the Angels feathered and aqua netted hair. It sticks in place because when they run to catch the bad guy, it would be all fly-away and frizz. mum wonders what awaits her in the plastic thermos. Technicolour scenes of scooby doo shaped yellow vans and Chris and Kelly, guns akimbo, standing tall like the tallest runway model. With shades of plum lipsgloss, buttered with wax additives and flavoured with teenage spirit scents of cherry, bubble gum and watermelon. It was all the rage when you were picky and 13 and wouldn't TOUCH white and mold coloured cheese. Gorgonzola sounded like gondola to you. SO the images were less of pungent food additives and more of enclosed cars with windows for walls that creeped up the mountain on a string to take you to the top of the hill, so you could speed down it again. Full circle, full, rounded circle of memories that will pop in and out of your head like your to-do list at 3am. When it just so happens you remembered something very important that your brain just must put down on paper before you can return to your soft, satin, midnight blue pillow cases that you paid WAY to much for at Macy's.
B.wright

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 11:20:38 AM »

@pink.

Smart!!

" It is supposed to look like dairy product you left in your Charlie's Angels tin lunch box from Friday to Monday"

Even smarter!

" Annoyed grunts of your mum as she pulls at the fold over sandwich bag that has cemented itself to the rust stain on the inside of Farrah's indented head."

Excellent how you tied youthful children into cheese.

Have you tried to do the 90 second excercises yet?? We should initiate sparking that concept.
pinkopaque22

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 02:20:34 PM »

Let's DO IT GURL!!!

This brought out the germaphobe in me:
"Rounds of fingers plow all at once,"
TOO nice!
"silky hungered guests "- you can say pretentious slags Wink
Beautiful , in-the-moment imagery.
"like a bundle of fishing rods Battling The deep blue sea for this weeks catch."
wrapping up the imagery, these h'ors doeuvres are "devoured instantly like bait"....I see pirhannas eating prey. I LIKE!!!
until tomorrow my literary friend
B.wright

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 11:28:58 PM »

Yes yes! Appreciating the feedback... The anticipated journey has been short so far and got a ways to go. :-).
But im Ready for the nitty gritty though, so let's kick that extra real sh*t, YA Digg!!!

Quest; I want to suggest a word for the day, how did you accomplish this task??

Alllrighty then.. Until the next review! I am pleased to share this experience with my new lyrical buddy. Taking over the world like pinky and the brain... With two brains of course! Lol. :-).
pinkopaque22

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 08:39:50 AM »

I pretty much ADORE you!!
Now, onto 'hips'....which I TOTES know abut  Grin
B.wright

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 07:01:17 AM »

Hey hey hey! Like fat Albert.... Im back after a weekend getaway! Let' me brushen up on my skills and see what you have lyricalized. :-). I'm jonesing like a new York 1980's drug addict. Lol. Missed the fabulous of the pens, our pens! On to the moon! :-) :-)

pinkopaque22

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2013, 08:10:37 AM »

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!! and AWAY we GO!! Hope you had fun over the weekend. I just chilled and worked on a very long assignment for Pat's class. I'll let you know how the "peer grading" goes.
P
Speechless

Songwriting course 1st March 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 02:29:29 AM »

I just chilled and worked on a very long assignment for Pat's class.

It's nice to find someone else doing the course. After 4 weeks I am loving it, finding that 80% of what I was doing before was natural and correct - and now I know why it was correct - but that last 20% is now being trained, honed and being worked on.
pinkopaque22

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2013, 08:54:00 AM »

I FINALLY got 5 Peer Assessments in a row that were NOT love songs!! lol. I got one about the Taxman that was really good. Was that yours @Speechles?!?!  Wink
B.wright

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2013, 04:50:30 PM »

@pink-What do the 5 peer assessments consist of?
pinkopaque22

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2013, 08:06:11 AM »

Answering from a pull down menu whether you Strongly disagree-> Strongly agree if the student followed the parameters of the assignment. It's pretty cut and dry except most people don't get the difference between, "I am not fond of your lyric so I will grade you accordingly" and "This lyric is HORRID but you did everything right and I will grade you accordingly". My first lyric was a thickly veiled 'friendship lost" song...I did everything right but apparently love songs are too tedious for my peers to grade. This assignment I wrote about a lunchbox, per our conversation here.  Grin  Anyone who hates old skool lunchboxes has no soul!

TTFN Miss B.Wright...off to read @Speechless
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: