Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

November 19, 2019, 06:17:19 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hips  (Read 1768 times)
pinkopaque22

View Profile
« on: March 22, 2013, 03:51:37 PM »

She pulled the cool denim over one thin ankle, then the other, up and over her hips, that part of a woman that makes the woman.The changing room with unforgiving mirrors for walls and a door of canvas curtain that opened out onto the shopping floor and didn't close all  the way. She is certain someone saw her cheek skimming lace-y chonies, whilst looking at the stack of purposely damaged jeans. These things were intentionally banal as if to say, this rip right here, in the pale blue knee area of some skinny leggings, this was done for fashion not function. Men without hips would throw those dungarees out, or cut them up into perfectly square patches to sew onto the damaged portions of their mud stained work uniforms. She will purchase them for an exorbitant amount cos they make her bum look apple shaped and her waist look cinched like the corsets of the turn of the century. Her hips will be the only thing that will not change or be enhanced by the tattered leg coverings. The curtain swings deftly with the passing of another dazed shopper. Fashionistas that don't think for themselves but thumb through glossy pages of fantasies that look nothing like them. 12 year old prepubescent mannequins to show her 40 something arse that THIS is what men want, this is what women want, THIS is what you should aspire to look like in your deconstructed, minimum-wage worker damaged Levi's. It's a shame really, she was going to get a spicy and snappy hot link at the cart vendor out front in the square, but after the mirrored walls reflected back to her, not the 12 year old chipper faced model, but the 40 year old, who looked no worse for wear than when she was fresh faced, drunk on life and 30.
B.wright

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 02:11:44 PM »

Wow!!

I'd hate to be that wo-Man in that unflattering reflection. It tells like a true hollywood stories!

"The changing room with unforgiving mirrors for walls and a door of canvas curtain"-
--Great detail!
-- Great ability to come back 360, but you know you have that able ness. Lol!
pinkopaque22

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 03:03:39 PM »

Hey Miss B.Wright!!
Thanks for the feedback, it is SO appreciated!!!  Wink
B.wright

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 11:46:18 PM »

Anytime!! ;-)
pinkopaque22

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 03:07:56 PM »

Soooooo, I usually don't take the time to object write on the weekends, I will TRY this weekend. We'll see.
Sorry I missed Monday and Tuesday. Canada??? I could not think of ONE thing to write. I read @Speechless and his was GOOD! I just kinda got all brain farty and couldn't do it. Did you write? I can't find it. Copy and paste it here so I can read.
XOX and Happy Hump Day!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: