Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

June 26, 2019, 02:30:46 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Challenge 1 from Song Writing without Boundaries need a group  (Read 8554 times)
kstjohn0719

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2013, 03:12:50 PM »

What is a good time for you (or anyone else out there reading)? Early in the week or later. I am sorry about the last couple of weeks My husband and I had to go to a funeral for one of our church members. I now have more obligations than before. I will do the best I can to stay with you. I still want to keep my songwriting going.
Are you working with the Thesaurus and Rhyming Dictionary for word and rhyming ideas? I have written down thoughts that l do objectwriting to get some more visual. I find more key words in the back of the Roget Thesaurus. Write down as many as possible that relate to the objectwriting. Narrow the words down to relevant and also to cover your different vowel sounds (WBL) Use the Rhyming Dictionary to find more words and use the table in the book to do perfect family, assonance and consonance rhymes. That has been my system. It is slow going. But you end you with more depth. Just remember to make them singable. Prosody, right?

:>
kstjohn0719

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2013, 03:34:30 PM »

Duh. Didn't see the previous insert. Mondays. I will join you next Monday. This assignment below. I am probably behind...Are we still working on this one? Eyes, sleep, book, soul, shadows. Are we feeding from your list with more nouns and adjectives and verbs? 

:>
bruce

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2013, 06:08:46 PM »

Sorry, I also lost track of this week.  Sorry to hear about your funeral trip.  Those are never fun. To answer your question regarding process and thesauruses, yes, I follow the same ideas - use the thesaurus and then head or the rhyming dictionary.  So yes, we can start with Mark's last list and go form here.

Thanks
Bruce
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: